Quilting Workshops, seminars and Classes 2016-2017, 2017-2018
Design using regular 1/4 seam, Raw Edge or Needle Turn
- Strip Piecing Choices a Scene, Landscape, a Room, an Animal, make a small Quilt Top
- Learn to add Perspective, shadows, highlight central motif.
- Techniques and Notions: Bring all those things you bought and rarely or never used again to a workshop. Let's use then in a project and on sample sandwiches.
- Surface Design, dyeing, stamping, silk screening, mark making.
- Good Solid Basic Sewing and Quilt Techniques.
- Trapunto, add stuffing.
- Faces, masks, appliqué!
Professional Development Workshops for guilds, artists, speakers
Teach the teachers/Train the trainer - do you want to improve your presentation skills, pair down, expand or tighten up your trunk show, workshop, finish the lesson on time? Get some advice and learn how to get/give a great result? Create a solid presentation, get some advice, see what others are doing right, learn to put your best foot forward?
Training for Speakers and Lecturers. Are you interested in lecturing or giving a trunk show that will leave the audience on the edge of their seat. Want to Take a class or seminar with like minded others, preferable at the same skill level? I have a workshop for you!
For groups, guilds or a one hour motivational presentation for your guild; How to Promote Your Work Without Apologizing!
Here's How I Work - Pick a level, schedule several workshops in one contract.
If you are like me you want the most out of a class and want like skilled members to work with. So let's do a one day or three day session grouping like skilled members together. Yes an opportunity to learn in your own skill level. No more beginners in an advance class or super quilters breathing over your shoulder if you are a beginner, finishing before you get half way done.
Basic Class Room Style and a few Techniques that are taught in each class.
Raw edge or needle turn are possible to do for each type of lesson.
Note the lessons will enhance your skill level if you are a beginner or advanced Quilter.
In class 101-1
1. You will learn a solid design, placement, and composition technique while making a few 6" X 8"quilted. Choose either a Landscape or Perspective Design, or both. Final piece can be framed as a top or loosely quilted and finished using a raw edge or binding. (One Day Class)
In class 102-2
2. You will build on lesson 101-1 using a photo you will learn how to lay your colors and fussy cut shapes to enhance the perspective and depth of the scene. Finished quilt top size between 8" X 10" and a Fat Quarter. Finished work can be matted or framed. (Not necessarily 2 consecutive Days, )
In class 103-3-5 - Days, over a Weekend, once a week, or Five Consecutive Days, mix it up and add a Saturday or Sunday Book at the middle, start or end of the week.
3. Continuing to build on previous lessons or for our quilters who want to start adding surface designs...You will use permanent and no permanent pencils and markers or other permanent inks, paints, oils sticks to scribble and shade in details. Followed by stitching either by machine or hand. Finished work size up to a fat quarter and can be framed or quilted.
- General sewing tools - thread, needles, adhesive either paper backed or not, scissors for fussy cutting, cutting board, ruler, pins and needles, machine optional for one and two day classes or a needle turn class can be taught as an add on day or separately.
- camera or phone with camera
- Variety of small fabric Scraps, precut trips or fat quarters, even fat eights in sky colors, ground colors, greens for grasses and bushes, creamy beiges and yellows in various shads, greys, Browns, think earth tones.
- Inexpensive glue stick made for children's craft, and paper.
- Permanent pens in your collection, "like" Sharpies, pentel, Farber Castelle.
- Watercolor paints, watercolor crayons or watercolor pencils
- Oil sticks, shiva or oil pastels.
- spiral note book.
Detailed Materials List for each class will be given.
Patterns or examples are available as part of a kit, separately, or included in cost of class
Materials listed in #3 will be available to purchase in a kit.
If we are working and the group wants to add a day, lets see if our calendars mesh and we will add a day.