Quilting Workshops, seminars and Classes 2016-2017, 2017-2018
Design using regular 1/4 seam, Raw Edge or Needle Turn
- Strip Piecing Choices a Scene, Landscape, a Room, an Animal, make a small Quilt Top
- Learn to add Perspective, shadows, highlight central motif.
- Techniques and Notions: Bring all those things you bought and rarely or never used again to a workshop. Let's use then in a project and on sample sandwiches.
- Surface Design, dyeing, stamping, silk screening, mark making.
- Good Solid Basic Sewing and Quilt Techniques.
- Trapunto, add stuffing.
- Faces, masks, appliqué!
Professional Development Workshops for guilds, artists, speakers
Here's How I Work - Pick a level, schedule several workshops in one contract.
- General sewing tools - thread, needles, adhesive either paper backed or not, scissors for fussy cutting, cutting board, ruler, pins and needles, machine optional for one and two day classes or a needle turn class can be taught as an add on day or separately.
- camera or phone with camera
- Variety of small fabric Scraps, precut trips or fat quarters, even fat eights in sky colors, ground colors, greens for grasses and bushes, creamy beiges and yellows in various shads, greys, Browns, think earth tones.
- Inexpensive glue stick made for children's craft, and paper.
- Permanent pens in your collection, "like" Sharpies, pentel, Farber Castelle.
- Watercolor paints, watercolor crayons or watercolor pencils
- Oil sticks, shiva or oil pastels.
- spiral note book.