Featured Post

Sunday, January 17, 2016

And Still We Rise...the quilt exhibit has left Connecticut.

"240 Million African Slaves Ago" is now in Winchester, VA at The Museum of Shenandoah Valley. This is its fifth museum stop on this journey. I attended the opening, feeling so proud and thrilled. I saw some of the other artists and the curator. I participated in the filming done by a local news station. That clip is available on my Facebook page. Val Quilting Poitier. As soon as I figure out how to post it here I will.  The link to the museum is below the picture. All the best!







"240 Million African Slaves Ago" was on exhibit at the Bruce Museum on Friday 1/15/16.  I attended the Opening Reception.  I am so thrilled to have been a part of this exhibit.  Lots of wonderful art enthusiast, museum members, staff, and the local news. I had an opportunity to 










Here I am so pleased to see my quilt. It's on a 5 year tour.
answer lots of questions about my quilt, the story behind it, and the techniques.  What a honor.  Thank you 


Here is another thrill, I experienced.  Watch this recording often interview about the exhibit.


https://www.themsv.org/exhibitions/and-still-we-rise-african-american-story-quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment