Featured Post

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Reflecting on 2023 Creative Accomplishments

Greetings,

I attended the wonderful “Teachers Event” at the New England Quilt Museum as a participant. There were also 16 other Instructors who like me, give lectures and workshops. It was great to see so many familiar faces. The program had a wonderful turnout of Guild Vice Presidents and Program committee members attended from all over New England and Connecticut.

My three minutes included a brief chat about my 2019 year break, the Covid Plague, which extended to a few years. That was an unexpected gift. I had been driving and flying all over the country for 20 years. The universe decided to give so many of us a break, and many of us elders stopped running hard for nearly three years.

I’M BACK!!!

I will be teaching workshops full and half day, doing Trunk Shows, providing one of my four lectures, motivational speaking, and New to my Menu you will find, Zoom support for groups, guilds, funerals, workshops both regular and Hybrid meetings.

What Else Was I Up To? 

Here are a few really interesting events I have participated in during and Post Covid 19, 20, 21…

I joined a couple of writing groups and took writing, history, drawing, painting, speaking, and quilting classes. I also taught Exploring Race, Art and Culture, and Retirement  courses at Tufts University’s Osher Program.

That led to participating in over 100 zoom meetings, classes. I became so proficient i started providing support to other writing groups, quilt guild meetings, workshops, and special events.

I also hosted and moderated two family funerals. Family and friends from all over the country attended both funerals and it was wonderful to see so many beloved faces. During each celebration of life we spotlighted friends and family from all walks of life of the person. 

My art work reflected the times and a few pieces were exhibited in a few online exhibits. Three others, collages, were used in the website announcement and the online and in person handout. Here are two of the quilts made especially for that exhibit below. I was thrilled to see details from my work used for the advertisement and one for the website posting. You can find them on my Facebook Page at “Val Quilting Poitier.

https://www.gcac.org/press-release/caution-artists-at-play-opens-aug-28-in-the-loann-crane-gallery/

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Greater Columbus Arts Council (GCAC) opens a new exhibition in GCAC’sLoann Crane Gallery titled Caution: Artists at Play on Monday, Aug. 28, 2023. An opening reception will be held from 5-6:30 p.m. that same evening at the gallery located at 182 E. Long St. Caution: Artists at Play will be on view through Jan. 24, 2024.



Not Perfectly Straight, yet Beautifully Made.


Regards, V



No comments:

Post a Comment