|Bless You - detail, 2007|
We live, work, and create in two different worlds. We generally create alone. It is an interaction between us, our materials, our tools, and our evolving workspaces. After a period of time say a few weeks or a few years we share our work with the general public. Well some of us Do share, some of us Think about Sharing, and some of us put our Work carefully away for long periods of time, some even forever. Why? Often because we can not figure out where to begin. We sometimes need to learn how to reallocate learned life skills into our art tool contaniers. And other times we need the company of other like minded people to realize our own worth and value as artists.
|Beyond Comfort, detail 2011|
Each lecture was designed to appeal to a general audience of both artists and non artists. Each:
- Has a PowerPoint presentation available enhanced by relevant artwork.
- Has a varied format of mini-workshops (2 hours), a 2-5 day workshops, handouts, workbooks.
- Full day lecture has a hands-on art related component, we create!
- Lectures can be restructured to target specific audiences, new lectures and workshops can be created to address specific topics, at various levels; beginners, intermediate, advance/seasoned artists all designed upon request.
- Lectures and workshops are designed with the needs of artists at their core.
Lectures & Workshops and studio arts classes available in 2012
Marketing Yourself - But I don't like that Part!
Moving from the diningroom table to a studio or not
Building Self Esteem & Self Confidence - Tools of the Trade
Healing Arts - I Sew and So I Am
Studio Arts Classes available: Surface Design - silk screening; batik; fabric painting; fabric dyeing;
Design - 12", 18", 44" designing my own quilt from scratch; learn to follow a quilt pattern, small project start to finish with surface design elements.
My Basic rates: which include lectures, teaching fiber art classes, quilting techniques, and surface design workshops
- $700 Per day class teaching stipend (up to 20 students, after that an additional $35 per person)
- $400 One hour lecture with trunk show, and all expenses.
- $850 Combination of presentation and workshop held during the same event/day plus expenses with permission to vendor before or after workshop or lecture.
- Custom Rates are available for special programs.
Expenses include travel: mileage for airport trips, airline tickets, shipping any supplies back and forth, taxi if needed, as well as all motel and meal expenses for the 'days of the presentations'. If DH has to drive me our mileage fee is $.50/mile, and his motel provisions and meals should be included for the working days, when in attendance he is a part of my package, other DH's are encouraged to attend those lectures as we often speak as a team. I generally arrive the day before teaching starts, and leave the day after teaching ends. I am deathly allergic of cats and some dogs so my preference is to stay at a hotel.
Bottom Line: I am open to negotiating rates, but fees and expenses can not leave me in the red.